400-408 – David Barton, founder and president of Wallbuilders (wallbuilders.com), an organization dedicated to presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on the moral, religious, and constitutional foundation on which America was built. Author of many articles and books, including Original Intent: The Courts, the Constitution, & Religion, and America's Godly Heritage – a book that challenged me to reconsider what I had been taught about American history, specifically the role of Christianity in it, that finally culminated in me going to grad school and getting a Master's degree in political philosophy and American government. You've recently seen David many times on the Glenn Beck show.
• David was one of the speakers at Glenn Beck's 828 Restoring Honor Rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC on Saturday morning, and today we talk about it.
413-423 – David Barton
428-437 – Thomas Winder, Promotional Director for Trinity Southwest University in Albuquerque and the Director for the Tall El Hammam Excavation Project at the Dead Sea, Jordan (tallelhammam.com) where they claim to have found Sodom and Gomorrah back in 2005. Under his boss, Dr. Steven Collins, they have submitted papers and journal articles in peer-reviewed journals presenting the evidence. They have found a 10 mile long stretch of "flash-heated" ground, complete with a 120-acre fortified city, with thousands of pieces of middle bronze age pottery that dates back 3,800 years ago. Evidence, they claim, can only be explained by the divine event in Genesis.
• Thomas is speaking on Saturday at the FREE Prophecy Conference Weekend out at Yorba Linda Friends Church this Friday through Sunday. Pastor Phil Hotsenpiller will be interviewing Mosab Hassan Yousef, author of Son of Hamas, Friday evening at 7pm. For more information visit ylfc.org.
443-452 – Thomas Winder
458-508 – Sound bites from Glenn Beck's Restoring Honoring Rally 8/28 on Saturday.
• (1:54) Beck1 (Glenn Beck at the 'Restoring Honor Rally' in Washington DC @ 8/28/2010) "The media estimate on the crowd size." "Turning our hearts back to God."
(2:28) Beck3 "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"
(1:41) Beck4 "America is at a crossroads."
• (2:03) Beck6 "If you understand who God is...."
• (1:11) Beck7 "The 240 black robed regiment is back today."
• (:19) Beck8 "God is the answer."
• (1:01) Beck9 "So our children can find the giant inside of them... The next George Washington! This is the moment."
(:50) B&W Q1 (Chris Wallace with Fox News Sunday interviews Glen Beck after the 'Restoring Honor' Rally @ 8/29/2010) "What's the message of the day?"
• (1:21) B&W Q2 "You talk about an end to spiritual darkness..."
(2:20) B&W Q3 "Was there a political message?"
(4:36) B&W Q4 "47th anniversary of the MLK speech, you want to reclaim the civil right movement from politics?" "The damage to racial politics?"
(2:50) B&W Q5a "What you said about President Obama last year, that he "has a deep seated hatred for white people... He's a racist."
• (1:25) B&W Q5b "The central message? Who made you the God squad?" "Collective salvation is direct opposite of personal salvation?"
• (1:30) B&W Q5c (paraphrase) "Look, I'm a Mormon, and most Christians don't recognize me as a Christian..." Jesus came for personal salvation.
(2:35) B&W Q6 "Who is Glenn Beck? What are you?"
(2:15) B&W Q7 "John Stewart has been going after you a lot lately..." "He's funny."
(1:45) B&W Q8 "You have macular dystrophy?"
(1:43) B&W Q9 "The Beck-Palin national ticket in 2012?"
• (:45) B&W Q10 "We should be looking for people with the right ideas...the country is in trouble... I don't see a political solution. Both parties have sold their souls. "Let's turn back to God thing a try and let's see what happens."
512-523 – Calls
528-538 – Calls
544-554 – Calls
558-608 – Calls
612-623 – Calls
628-638 – Calls
644-652 – Calls
(5:09) Alveda King full (MLK's niece, Alveda King, speaks at the 'Restoring Honor' Rally in Washington DC @ 8/28/2010)
(1:33) Alveda 1.
(1:17) Alveda 2.
(1:01) Alveda 3.
• USA Today (8/30/2010) Record number in government anti-poverty programs.
• Robert Barro, WSJ (8/30/2010) The Folly of Subsidizing Unemployment. My calculations suggest the jobless rate could be as low as 6.8%, instead of 9.5%, if jobless benefits hadn't been extended to 99 weeks. Mr. Barro is an economics professor at Harvard University and a senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution.